There are so many things to do without a car in and around Newquay. If you enjoy walking, you can really appreciate the beauty of the coastline, the beaches and the wonderful Cornwall Coast Path. If you like lazing on the beach, there are nine fabulous beaches to choose from within easy walking distance of the town centre. If you enjoy finding out about the history of Newquay the Hetty and Ada Trails give an insight into its past. Or try some of the circular walks we have created ranging from easy strolls to strenuous treks. Alternatively, Newquay is well served by buses and trains so that you can explore Cornwall without a car.
Below we have given you just a few ideas for a car free day out.
10 Things you can walk to!
- Blue Reef Aquarium
- Trenance Gardens & The Boating lake
- Newquay Zoo & Waterworld
- All Newquay Beaches
- Watergate Bay, along Towan beach when the tide is out
- Crantock bay, via the Gannel, either by foot or on horse back when the tide is out.
- The Lusty Glaze Adventure Centre (Abseiling, zip wire, surfing, trampolining, volleyball etc.)
- Seal spotting at the Harbour
- Visit the Huer’s Hut on Towan Head (The Headland)
- Shopping in Newquay town centre for souvenirs
10 Things you can catch a bus To!
- Newquay sightseeing tour on an open top double-decker bus
- The Eden Project
- St Michael’s Mount
- Lost Gardens of Heligan
- St Ives Tate Gallery
- Truro – shopping, Royal Cornwall Museum,
- Paradise Park
- Holywell Bay Fun Park